1. Can you tell us a little about yourself , your blog(s)/website(s),and your aspirations and your hobbies?
I am the author of illicitchrysalism.wordpress.in and go by Ritika. I am from Ahmedabad and currently am slogging towards my 12th board exams. I shall hopefully pursue Honours in English, next year. Oh well, at the risk of sounding conceited I wish to author a book; nothing fancy though, just a collection of short relatable pieces of writing.
2. How you first got involved in with blogging/writing, are you an imaginative person?
Always known to be a wordsmith, blogging had always been a milestone I wished to mark. But I never really had the patience to sit through the entire ‘buiding your base’ process. Well all that until now when I actually set my heart to doing it. And here I am.
3. What do you find most challenging about blogging/writing about your topic?
The most challenging part of writing like I do that I have come across is to not be repetitive. Usually most my works are short romantic fiction, but I manage to throw in a few motivational pieces.
4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
There are quite a few people who manage to find my blog in this intense world of writing. Let me just say that they have been very loyal readers and I am immensely thankful to them for keeping up with me.
5. How would (someone) describe your blogging/writing style?
The best that I had heard someone say was that it was ‘Magical Realism’. But then it actually is that way. It is very basic human emotions weaved into words to make them look beautiful. And most importantly, this is my usp. I can safely say that all my readers follow me because they can relate to what I write and enjoy the way that I do.
6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
Let me just say that I am a very bad mother to my blog. When I’m not studying is when I actually write.
7 .Where do you see yourself blogging/writing wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
In the very near future I want to have a sound background with my works published on good writing websites. And five years down the line, I definitely want to have authored a book.
7. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging/writing business?
I keep posting excerpts from my articles on my account on Instagram. Also my author pages on Teenink and WritersAsylum have a link to my blog. I also pay attention and reply to each comment on my blog.
8. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
I am very observant. There are usually some moments when I am watching a movie or listening to some music when random lines strike me. I jot down every single one of them and when the idea matures to a certain extent, I sit down to put it on paper.
9. What’s your strategy with your blog in general?
Nothing specific, per se.
10. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
It will be difficult at first to gain a secure reader base, but keeping writing and you are sure to get noticed one day. It is a very rewarding experience.
11. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Most definitely, readers and content.
12. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
An insight to his own life. Readers are hungry for something which tells them that they are not the only one in their mess.
13. A lot of people are interested in blogging/writing for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging/writing? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
I haven’t taken any steps towards monetizing my writing. I am not the correct person to be giving my advice on this subject.
14. What motivates you most in life?
Appreciation and Acknowledgement.
15. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Relevant tags on my posts.
17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
Constructing and channelizing my thoughts into one cohesive piece of writing.
18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
It’s like asking me to choose between my children, I can’t.
19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
20. What is the story behind the name of the blog?
Honestly, they are two beautiful words in perfect sounding harmony.
21. Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indi blogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?
I am published on WritersAsylum and Teenink.
22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
There is such a varied audience out there that it is actually impossible to corner one specific genre.
23. Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?
24. Five adjectives that describe you.
Intelligent, sassy, eloquent, opinionated and funny.
25. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?
It definitely has to be A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner and And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. He is a genius.
26. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??
I used to but I have hardened myself.
27. Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?
28. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?
Not judgmental, but definitely opinionated. I am a debater and have learnt to analyze before taking any stand.
29. Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it?
I haven’t had the chance to collaborate with other bloggers. However my Instagram has a lot of my works.
30. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?
I am not very choosy with what I read. However I tend to gravitate towards fiction.
31. Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?
As a result of one such contest, one of my articles had been plagiarized and I was not too pleased.
32. Words for me and my blogs Desire v/s Destiny and Blogger Interviews and my Website www.MyMagicJobs.com
33. On winning the Award/s , Are they Really necessary.
I have been nominated for many awards on WordPress, but have very humbly decided to not accept any of them.
34. So what’s Next in your list?
Pursuing my undergraduate degree, and in the meanwhile working on my book.
35.Words for your readers and why they should follow you?
I shall engage your imagination like none other.