Wednesday 9 December 2015

Interview with Harnidh Kaur Author of The Inability of Words


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself ,your blog(s)/website(s),and your aspirations and your hobbies!!
Well, I run foreverawkwardandlearning.wordpress.com, and my first book, The Inability of Words, is out in 2016 with Writer's Workshop, Calcutta. I'm currently pursuing my Masters in Public Policy from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, and I'm an aspiring civil servant. I also run a food blog on Instagram, @foreverawkwardandeating.

2. How you first got involved in with blogging/writing, are you an imaginative person?
I started writing seriously in around 7th grade, and had my phase of Facebook notes and WattPad before actually getting into blogging in first year of college. It's been quite a rollercoaster. I've always been super imaginative, so this was a great way to channelise it.

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging/writing about your topic?
I write poetry, so it's really easy to veer into pretentious writing. Keeping it honest and real are definitely the biggest challenges.

4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
I actually haven't met too many people. My writing is pretty solitary.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging/writing style?
I write honest, real, and accessible poetry.

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
I'm studying! Masters is pretty intense, haha.

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging/writing wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
My book comes out in the next 6 months and I'm besides myself with excitement! I have a few really cool projects lined up, and I'm starting work on a novel. So it's going to be a busy, hectic time.

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging/writing business?
None, actually. I don't even tag my posts. All the traffic I get is from word of mouth and that's the best bit.

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
Hm, I read a lot. I keep observing things, and jotting them down. I never, ever delete drafts. A giant post of average quality may have a single spectacular idea that works. I've given two TEDx talks on the importance of creativity, and I'll tell you what I tell everyone. Just keep writing. Keep practising. 

10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
Nothing, per se. I write first for myself, then for everyone else. I'm pretty sure that actually contributes a lot to my readership.

11. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Be honest to yourself. Don't chase trends. Write what you want to. It's only when you stop living up to standards that you create your own.

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
My content is what sells me.

13. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
Something to think about.

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging/writing for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging/writing? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
I don't earn a penny from my blog, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

15. What motivates you most in life?
The possibility of inspiring someone.

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
I just write. That's all. I write, and I write well. The visibility comes itself.

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
For every 3-4 poems you write, *one* is good. That editing is...tough.

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
Haha, it's like choosing between my children!

19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
None.

20. What is the story behind the name of the blog?
Well. I'm really awkward. And I'm insanely curious. Hence, ForeverAwkwardAndLearning.

21. Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indi blogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?
 -
22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Poetry! No publishers, no marketing, and we're called silly. It's so very frustrating.
23. Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?
-
24. Five adjectives that describe you.
Passionate, aware, intelligent, funny, opinionated.

25. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?
Ah, has to be the Harry Potter series.

26. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??
Not at all. I've learned how to block out hate.
27. Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?
The Inability of Words is releasing in 2016!

28. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?
I'm a debater, so I tend to analyse things from all sides possible.

29. Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it?
I'm pretty big on social media. My Instagram (@iharnidh) has a lot of my work on #nidhscraps.

30. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?
Poetry. I dislike cheesy romance.

31. Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?
I don't really do contests, but plagiarism is the single most painful thing a creator can face. It's terrible.

32. Words for me and my blogs Desire v/s Destiny and Blogger Interviews and my Website www.MyMagicJobs.com
So much cool work!

33. On winning the Award/s , Are they Really necessary.
Of course not.

34. So whats Next in your list?
Writing, obviously, haha.

35.Words for your readers and why they should follow you?

I can't promise you the world, but I can give you perspectives that will rattle your own. 
Interviewed by : Rahul Miglani , Follow him at Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment