Friday 22 August 2014

Silence

After they left 
I was sitting and watching My self in the mirror
I was sad and was looking with some horror
I wanted to put an end to my life 
I was sitting and was holding a knife
I wanted to cut my wrist 
I had lost the hope to exist
But I thought if there is anything I can do
So I went to the Police station without any further ado
They asked me from where it all began
and what was I doing in the Rain
Why was I wearing a Skirt
and that too with a revealing shirt
Questions like did they first undress
or they started to press
From where did they first insert
From where was I getting Hurt
Instead of Registering the Report
They Repeatedly insisted why my clothes were short
At-last they asked if that was my first time
Like instead of the rapists I have done some crime
I looked at the wrist and the knife
because I know Now I cant be anyone's wife

I am looking at the wrists and the knife
I am going to end my life



silence prevails.........


28 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant my friend. I will be honest with you that I haven't read much of your work but after reading this you have compelled me to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stark reality and accounts i have read of many victims. A very very strong poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have touched upon something which is very painful and even more then the actual crime!

      Delete
  3. Rahul if you could write like this and being a man....I am sure you have a heart to empathise ...kudos for this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks
      ...and you know my Real name :P

      Delete
  4. This is brilliant Rahul...exactly portraying the feelings and emotions of a woman and her grief-stricken mind !...I honestly advise that you should concentrate more on verses...you've a penchant for poetic brilliance..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so overwhelmed by the response , Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Oh dear! Unfortunate but true. chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. from the beginning u started building up the mystery and unfolded it in the second para .. and it worked well .. and the image is perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks , I made that image long back !

      Delete
  7. Brother, this is just amazing ! Seriously it is just amazing. Hats off !

    I could feel the pain. I know this is the reality and thus I feel even more sad. I just wish the change to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this could make you feel the pain , my motive is achieved

      Delete
  8. Really a heart touching poem and a sad truth.. Simply gr8 !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant compilation!Heart touching...too deep.Good work!
    Re posted it on my Blog Inception wastisaima.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! So touching. Wonderfully written, Rahul.
    Unfortunately this is not a kahaani & is sadly true for many...
    Upset to read so many "news" reports like this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right , I had to touch upon what happens in real life and gets un noticed

      Delete
  11. Wow! The best thing is you actually made it rhyme! Wonderful read Rahul! I am glad I read this.

    ReplyDelete