Monday 29 July 2013

Interview with Tanaya Nath (factfiction)


1.       Can you tell us a little about yourself? your blog , and your aspirations and your hobbies !!
Ans.  Theres nothing much to know about me. I am a blogger by heart, and an apt reader, obsessively in love with my husband and writing in same order. My blog is called factfiction for a reason. What I write is fiction based on real life facts and events and hence the tagline of my blog- because every fiction is someone’s fact. My only aspiration is to make my blog known, like every other blogger. And for everything else, I have all I ever dreamed of. My hobbies contains reading, I love adventure sports but I cant call it a hobby for I don’t do it on a regular basis, and writing is my passion, the love of my life.

2.       How you first got involved in with blogging , are you an imaginative person?
Ans. I have been writing ever since I was in 6th standard or so. I remember I fell in love with writing poetries after I heard one of my cousins reciting his own. I had a diary back then. In 2006-07, one of my friends told me about blogs and I started it. But sadly could not maintain it. Then one of my blogger friends accidently came across my blog and chastised me for not keeping it up, and hence my blog. I don’t know if you can all me an imaginative person, because writing comes to me very naturally and effortlessly.

3.       What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
Ans. I don’t really know. I have never given it any thought. I write in trance. I write whatever my fingers and my keyboard tells me. But now that you have brought it up, I just might try to figure it out.
4.       Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
Ans. My blog gave me my husband. And am honored to have a father in law who chose me for my writing. Apart from that a friend who also is the brain of my blog. He has firm views of my writing and he is a tremendous help when I am in writers block.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
Ans. Picturesque. I use short sentences and depending on the need either I leave nothing to your imagination or all to it.

6.       What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
Ans. Reading, that is when my husband is not around.

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
Ans. Destiny has a way of messing up my plans, so I live in the moment. Even I am eager to see myself blogging wise 6 months or 5 years down the lane, to know what have I made of my one passion.

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
Ans. Irrelevant question for me. Blogging has never been a business to me and it never will be. To me it is a pleasure, a pure pleasure.

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
Ans. Well, I only have one blog. I see, I connect, and I write. I see things and events around me, even the little insignificant ones. Sometimes they carry the most beautiful stories. I connect myself to them, heart and mind. And if they happen to touch and ignite something in me, I have my material.

10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
Ans. Write and write and write.

11. Any specific tips you have for newbee bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Ans. Every blogger has his/her own style and genre, find yours. Don’t imitate, and don’t hesitate to try out new things. And most importantly, write and love your writing.

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Ans. Content but of course. You wont come back to read crap, will you?

13. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
Ans. A touch of honest feelings, something that makes memories with them.

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
Ans. I am the wrong person to be asked this question. You don’t use your loved ones to earn.

15. What motivates you most in life?
Ans. Life itself

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Ans. I don’t hesitate in putting up my writings in various forums and blogging platforms. And I always reply to the comments from my readers.

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
Ans. I am yet to experience that one.

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
 Ans.   http://www.factfiction.in/2012/07/the-confab.html . This was my first conversation writing, inspired by a real conversation. No matter how many times I myself read it, I get butterflies unseen.

19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
Ans. Many, I look up to whoever writes original.

20. What is the story behind the name of the blog.
Ans. I guess I have already answered it in the first question.

21. your connection with Indiblogger and the experience ?
 Ans. Just a member, but been great.

22.Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Ans. Sensual and erotica, they get unduly attention. Hahahahahaha, kidding. No matter what genre you write or what topic you take up, if the writing is powerful, you have all the attention of your reader.

23.Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Ans. Depends on what they need. But sure do use the ones that connects you to social networking sites.

24.Five adjectives that describe you.
Ans. That’s not fair, just five. Okay lemme try. Decisive, romantic, stubborn, worldly, compatible.

25.What book would you say has made the biggest impact  good or bad on you?
Ans. For a reader like me, its impossible to name one. Whatever I read leaves an impact on me.

26.Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments ??
Ans. Not really, if they are honest I take them seriously, but provoked, naaah.

27.Do you plan to write a book , as every bloggers dream it is ?
Ans. *sigh* a dream it is. But I suck at writing long stories, let alone a novel.

28.Are you a judgmental person , Do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral ?
Ans. I am judgmental, I judge all sides. I see, I hear and never pass on my observation unless asked, am a woman of few words. Unbelievable but true :P

29. Your collaboration with other bloggers , are you much into social networking , tell us everything about it ?
Ans. I am in to social networking, yes. But only to the point where it keeps me connected to my chuddy buddies, friends and family 24*7.

30.What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid ?
Ans. Dark and gothic attracts me the most and I don’t avoid any genre, I take pleasure in writing anything that pleases me.

31.Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism ?
Ans. Contests not only gives you a platform but also the food for your blog. Plagiarism is a crime to creativity.

32.Words for me and my blog .?

Ans. You are one of the writers I have read often. You have a sense of creation and a freshness of ideas that keep readers glued to your blog. A job well done. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment