1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Your blog, and your aspirations and your hobbies!!
I started blogging more out of curiosity than any other purpose. Soon it captured my imagination and became my passion. I learned to express myself well and then imaginatively and always boldly. I have borrowed [using the word ‘copied’ would be insult to them] style of Khushwant Singh and Busybee [Behram Contractor]. After my vivek-uvaach blog, I started an HR blog ‘Hresonance’ and then a photoblog [Photokadha.tumblr.com]. I also write limericks on a co-authored blog ‘Limerickwala.’
It was suggested to me by my colleague, Kavi who is himself an accomplished blogger. I will not say that I am an imaginative person. But my imagination surely was sparked by blogging.
3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
I use two formats: In one format I use Busybee’s style of commenting on anything that catches my attention. In another format I speak to a parrot called Lulu. This thought of speaking to a bird is borrowed from Vishram Bedekar’s award winning autobiography ‘Ek Zad ani Don Pakshi.’ He in turn has lifted it from Mundakopanishad! He says so in the Preface.
4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
I have not met many people while working for this blog as this is more of an opinion blog.
5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
Ask them! But as for me, I have answered the question already.
6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
I work as HR consultant, having retired as HR Head of Asian Paints in 2009.
7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
I blog because I enjoy it. So I see myself enjoying blogging….
8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
Blogging business? Did you say ‘business?’ It is a hobby and passion for me, not a business.
How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
Yes, indeed. There are time periods when you do not know what to write on. But writing regularly is the key, no other way.
9. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
Write straight from heart.
10. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Just get going, too much thinking saps spontaneity!
11. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Content, content and content….
12. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
The pleasure of reading a well written piece! A well written piece often gives an insight or puts insight in a memorable way.
13. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
Can’t say, I do not blog for money.
14. What motivates you most in life?
Any positive thought, any beautiful picture, any beautiful flower, anything beautiful and positive!
15. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
No strategy. It just got noticed.
17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
My favourite posts are my posts on Tea, Coffee and Beer [Beer Necessities]. People almost demanded these from me!
19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
Ms Suranga Date, Kavi are people I look up to. They write so well, and so imaginatively, and and on so many topics……
20. What is the story behind the name of the blog?
Uvaach means ‘thus spake.’ Like in Mahabharata you will come across this word often Sanjay Uvaach, meaning thus spake Sanjay who was narrating the story to Dhrtarashtra.
21. Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indi blogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?
I have been a memebeer of Indiblogger.
22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
23. Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Rahul Miglani : The Interviews are unedited , This question was not answered by the Indiblogger award winner
24. Five adjectives that describe you.
Bold, Curious, Authentic, Crazy, Funny
25. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?
Osho’s writings have made a huge impact. Good impact. No book has made a bad impact so far, as I throw them away if they are bad.
26. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??
Yes. I get provoked if the comments are bad. I daydream about beating them in to a pulp, but has never been able to carry out this in action. But beware, who knows when I will make that move?
27. Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?
Yes I do intend to write a book, but my enthusiasm was dampened recently when a friend asked ‘have you thought about who will read it?’
28. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?
I take sides, and believe that one must take a side.
29. Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it?
Yes, I am on twitter [vivekuvaach]. But no collaboration with other bloggers so far.
30. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?
31. Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?
Plagiarism is the worst thing to happen. They are like remix songs, those can’t excite. Contests are okay, they add some fun.
32. Words for me and my blog.
33. On winning the Award/s , Are they Really necessary.