1. Can you tell us a little about yourself, your blog and your aspirations and your hobbies!!
I am from Kolkata but currently a Bangalore based techie and published author. For me Blog is a reflection of feelings in my day to day activities.
Hobbies include – Reading books, writing, backpacking to unknown places around India, driving and playing guitar.2. How you first got involved in with blogging, are you an imaginative person?Blogging came to me after getting influenced by my sister. From blogging, I am now a published author and columnist so yes I am very much an imaginative person.
3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?I blog about almost everything from political and social issues, book reviews, short stories, poetries so fitting everything in one single page is a little challenging at times.
3. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?During IndiBlogger meet, I came across many people in Bangalore who blogs among various topics from fiction, political, does book reviews, host author’s interview, writes about travelling to blogging about food so it’s pretty versatile.
5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
Contemporary thoughts of young India
6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?I read books and write my own novels, short stories, columns for publishers and newspapers
7. Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months and 5 years down the road?
In short term , reaching out to more fellow bloggers and authors to share by views across , 5 years at this moment look to far
8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?With the innovation of Social networking, Face book and Twitter helped me a lot in reaching out to maximum people to let them know about my blog.9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
I blog on multiple categories in one single page so flow of thoughts for content somehow remains active in my mind
10. What’s your strategy with your blog in general?To write something which readers will enjoy reading
11. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Blog is a best place where no writing rules are followed so write about anything and everything you want and the most important thing, theme ( user friendly interface ) selected for a blog is very important, if the blog design looks good then more readers will be curious to read it.
12. What would you prioritize? Content ? SEO ? Traffic? Readers ?Content always, if that is good, readers will find it.
13. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?They can experiment with different subjects in one single page which is not always possible in case of a book.
14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
If someone is planning to start a blog for money then it should be something which will help others and should be informative
15. What motivates you most in life?
Appreciation from readers and motivation from my friend & family that I am doing a good job
16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?Keep writing on your blog, read other’s blog and share ideas, register your blog with any blogger network like Blogadda or Indiblogger which increases the visibility of your work.
17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?Creating an interface which is easy to navigate and all information properly displayed in one single page was challenging when I started blogging.
18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
All my post is written from bottom of my heart so each one of them are my favorites. It’s mainly for reader’s to categorize.
19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?My sister’s blog, sohni-basu.blogspot.com , as I said earlier , I started blogging because of her.
20. What is the story behind the name of the blog?
Talk2ayaan which means, connect with me. It’s kind of non- formal invitation to read by blog
21. Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indi blogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?
I am a very active member for IndiBlogger
22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Any writings on politics
23. Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Social networking plug-in to reach out to maximum readers and fellow bloggers
24. Five adjectives that describe you.Sensible, Jovial, Liberal, Honest, Hard -working
25. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?“Dr. Shashi Tharoor’s – the Elephant, tiger and the cell phone” injected the interest towards social and political issues in a very positive and liberal way.26. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??
Positive comments are motivating factor and negative comments are learning factor for me so I take both of them with equal importance.
27. Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?I am already a published author after I started blogging.
28. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?I try and stand by the right thing being honest.
29. Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it?
I am a very active member of social networking world where I came to know so many bloggers , exchanged ideas , debated various issues which resulted in expansion of my knowledge library.
30. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?I am a type of reader who reads 10-12 books a month from all genres but non-fiction work of Indian history is most alluring for me.
Indian erotica is something, I am still trying to get used to .
31. Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?It has just started growing and maturing so I will comment on it later , right now I am just a viewer
32. Words for me and my blogs Desire v/s Destiny and Blogger Interviews.You are doing a terrific job, keep it up cheers!!
33. On winning the Award/s, Are they really necessary.It’s a great motivation factor