Wednesday 21 August 2013

Interview with Another Part of Me

1.  Can you tell us a little about yourself? your blog , and your aspirations and your hobbies !!
I am just an ordinary 23-year-old with a hobby of writing. I like to call myself a book-worm. I love all kinds of literature. I love writing poems and expressing the diverse emotions that is buried in my heart. My blog, Another Part of Me, is a medium to detangle the kink of emotion inside me. Like everyone, I want to earn fame, respect and that with utmost individuality.
My other blog, Cherry On Top, that is a beauty/fashion blog is very new to the blogosphere. I have created it out of my enthusiasm for style and prettiness.

2. How you first got involved in with blogging, are you an imaginative person?
I have been writing from the age of 9-10. But, two years back, I randomly came across a poetry blog, and I like it so much. Then I thought that I can start my own blog too. I was inspired, so I am here.
I am an exceedingly imaginative person. I live by imaginations. I can dream with my eyes opened. And, the poems I have written so far are the result of my imaginativeness.

3.  What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
Sometimes, it’s not easy to maintain your originality, choosing a unique theme, improvising and most importantly playing with words. Some poems require a limited syllable count along with creativity; that can be very difficult if you don’t have a prominent idea of verses.

4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
I consider myself lucky because I never had to think about viewers/readers/followers. The time I started posting poems on my blog, there were several people who loved my blog and the contents. Some found my blog cute, so they started following me. But, the answer will be incomplete if I don’t take a name, that is Amrit Sinha (Author, Live Your Life blog). He has been there beside me throughout like a brother and inspired me a lot. I owe to him a lot of things. There are a lot of people who love me and my blog. But sometimes I faced criticisms, and believe me; it helped me a lot to refurbish my works.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
My blogging style could be described as jottings of heart-felt emotions.

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
When I am not blogging, I am definitely reading other’s blogs or spending quality time with family.

7. Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
In next 6 months, I would try to write with more urge and regularity and would make sure that I overcome all negativities and provide my readers with some surprises.
And, 5 years down the lane I look forward to see my name amongst some reputed   bloggers and I also would love to publish my own books.

8.  What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
Actually, I never needed any networking. As I told earlier, I am blessed with an awesome bunch of readers who have followed me and loved my posts throughout. I have a Facebook Page for my main blog that I keep updating with pictures, thoughts and links to my blog posts. That helps me to communicate with my readers and also it helps them to keep a track of my latest activity on blog. 

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.

      Honestly, I still face writer’s block a lot of times. And, when I get confused I write a poem. It helps me to get back my buoyancy. Also, I have a tendency to get influenced by pictures. So, if I see an interesting picture over the internet or else, I keep weaving a story for it. That’s how I keep inventing ideas for my log posts.

10.  What’s your strategy with your blog in general?
Actually nothing, I think blogging is not about strategies and so. The main policy is to write and write more and give your best without hoping for the result. Regularity, quality posts, lucidity and communicating with readers by replying to their comments are the basic things that you can keep in mind while blogging.

11.  Any specific tips you have for newbee bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Just be what you are. Don’t lose your originality in order to get more viewers and readers. People want to read posts written with utmost originality. Read books, the more you read, the more you get the power of improvising.

12.  What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Content is the key. If you have intense contents, you can get more readers and a decent traffic. I never gave attention to SEO, I think I have to learn more about it.

13.  What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
In my opinion, a blogger succeeds when their reader can relate to them with the story/poem posted. A good read is the most important thing that can be gifted to the readers. Regular readers can be awarded with badges. 

14.  A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
I don’t think I can answer this as I have never blogged for earning money. Posting ads is okay but I don’t get the idea of paid posts or earning money by blogging. When it comes to me, I only write for myself and those who love my posts or criticize for my betterment.

15.  What motivates you most in life?
It’s too hard to answer. My family and my love motivate me all the time. Sometimes I keep motivating me by myself. Sometimes influential articles or blog posts inspire me to write my heart out. So, there are many things that I get inspired from.

16.  What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Linking my blog to some bloggers’ community and continuously following other blogs.

17.  What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
The toughest situation I faced was when I was changing the template of my blog. I am too terrible with HTML coding. I had faced several problems with that.

18.  Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?

That’s a tough question. It’s like choosing your favorite child, anyways, I am putting here the post that has intensely touched my heart and the one which never touched my heart.
Favorite Post: There are two actually,   
http://sayantini-bhattacharya.blogspot.in/2012/12/rebirth-of-woman.html & http://sayantini-bhattacharya.blogspot.in/2013/06/my-father-my-institution.html

19.  Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
There are many, but these are my favorites.
Amrit Sinha- A great poet, a haiku-master and has a great sense of literature.
Privy Trifles- She has got an amazing narrating style and a unique writing style.
Swarnali Das- She is a multi-talented girl. She writes almost about everything.
Abhishek Mukherjee- He is also very skilled author. He has an amazing power of writing humorous post which is according to me a very tough job to do.
Panchali Sengupta– She is amazing with words, veteran and very inspirational.

20.  What is the story behind the name of the blog?
Writing is something that is hidden inside me; it’s not the regular side which people generally see in me. So, I wanted to name the blog as “Another Part of Me”. The name is self-explanatory.
My other blog (beauty/fashion) is named “Cherry On Top” as a cherry always beautifies a dessert, so does my blog, it beautifies a person.

21.  Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indiblogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?
I am very regular at Indiblogger. It has been a great experience there. I got to know some people. I won a contest, become runner-up in one and lost one also. Recently, I entered a contest in IndiBlogger and got to know about a veiled part of India and got to write for the underprivileged. That was an honor for me.

22.  Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
I think people do not get a satisfying view on a micro fictions and book reviews. I don’t know why, I think it’s because of people don’t feel like grasping the implication of a five line or 55 words micro story. Book reviews also don’t grab attention compared to the other genres.

23.  Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
The sharing widget is the must-have. One can also grab the recommended posts widget.

24.  Five adjectives that describe you.
Creative, imaginative, lazy, moody and caring.

25.  What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?
It’s not just one book, but all the novels by Buddhadeb Guha, a Bengali author. I have learnt a LOT about life from him. He is too good in bringing life into a fictitious story.

26.  Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??
Never in my life. Honestly, I never got a disturbing comment ever since I started blogging. But I face some criticisms, which I think are very important to improve yourself. So, I absorb positive comments, and use negative comments as a charger.


27.  Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?
Certainly. It will be a dream comes true for me. But, only then when I think that I am enriched. There’s lots of ways to be walked till that time.

28.  Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?
I am not a judgmental person at all. If something really bothers me I try to take the side of what is right according to me.

29.  Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it.
I have never collaborated with any fellow blogger, but surely I am interested in doing guest posts in near future. I am into FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and I am very regular at FB.

30.  What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?
I mainly prefer to write in verse form than in prose as I am facile in writing poems. I deliberately avoid writing stories or short-stories.

31.  Your views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?
I love participating in contests, I can learn a lot from that. Contests based on creativity are a boon for a blogger. One can prove their individuality and evaluate their skills by participating in a quality contest.

Plagiarism is awful. I have pity for them who just copy-paste other’s posts just to make their blog popular. This is of no gain. Plagiarism should be stopped somehow.

32.  Words for me and my blog?
I hardly know you, so it wouldn’t be right to comment on you. I have been reading your posts for some days now, and I must say that you have two nice blogs and the job you’re doing is awesome in its own. Keep it up.


1 comment:

  1. Although I'm the kind of blogger who simply dislikes verses, I've been following Sayantini's blog almost religiously ever since I chanced upon it. Her poetry is one of the few that I actually pay attention to and try to understand the kind, in the process. Nice interview!

    ReplyDelete